Well, it’s been an eventful week. My roommate (and one of my closest friends) recently got a new job that means moving out of the city, which leaves me on the hunt for a new roommate.
I’ve been thinking long and hard all week about the kind of person I want to share my apartment with. And so, without further ado, I present to you:
A Wino’s Roommate Ad
Dedicated wine and beer enthusiast seeks same to share apartment.
This 2 bedroom, 1 bath space is perfect for the wine or beer buff, housing all the typical amenities. Key features:
- Wine rack
- Bar area big housing glassware, yet-to-be-enjoyed finds and a liquor section, mostly comprising on various whiskies and ingredients for Manhattans
- Cool, dark place for storage or cellaring (closet, under a bed, etc.)
- Various other wine accoutrements, including an aerator, decanters and an awesome wine board game
- Multiple styles of wine and beer glassware
- More corkscrews and bottle openers than you can shake a stick at
- Some lovely blank floor space, ideal for a wine fridge
- A wonderful and knowledgeable co-drinker with which to strategize food pairings, revel in great wine or beer finds and debate the merits of cork vs. screwcaps
The ideal roommate would be someone who understands the great value that fermented grape juice and brewed malts and hops have to offer.
- Easy-going – doesn’t get mad when I use (or – eek! – break) your favourite glass (accidents happen!)
- Knows the difference between a merlot and a cabernet sauvignon, an IPA and a saison
- Ideally, works in the wine or beer world and can bring home lots of samples (mmmmmm, samples…)
- Sommelier, Prud’homme, or WSET training a plus
Interested applicants should reply to this post, making sure to include your oenological and (for lack of a better term) beer-o-logical experience. All applications will be considered, only successful ones will be contacted.